× Members

PIP changes proposed - 2024 Green paper published

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290762 by paradox
Well the government published their green paper yesterday and its terrble reading!
I know many will say its proposed and anything could happen, its election bluster and so on, but with this lot I am never sure how low they will sink! If even half of this happens its beyond disgusting.
I am horrified! Truly shocking! After years of being beaten down with the current system, I finally get a ten year award last year with light touch review at that point. Now this is thrown at us! I am 66 now, I simply cannot go through this, its too much. I am sick and tired of having to prove the bleeding obvious, that I am truly disabled with many health conditions, both physical and mental. Now this - No, if this actually happens I am done. I get to state pension age, keep my pip and think at last it'll be less stressful, then this happens. I cannot be doing this, its too much, how cruel these people are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, den1mon, C, Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290778 by Chris
Hi paradox,

I agree with everything you've said, even people of lower ages who are having to suffer with the thought of this - it's disgusting behaviour from Sunak and his horrific tory party. Even Boris was better than him as PM, and that's saying something! I think they should just make euthanasia mandatory for everyone with disabilities in the UK, then it'll save them paying out (yep, I was being sarcastic - this government, drives me too it!).
Martin Lewis has even published a letter having a go at their plans to penalise people with health issues.
It does make you feel like you're in a world that you no longer wish to be in. I hope one of the scammers empties his bank account, and let him know what it's like to struggle on with issues.
Likely this post will have lots of people supporting you :)

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: paradox, Sheila 966, Evelyn, Jones1988, Wendy Woo, den1mon, C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.