× Members

New Style ESA and Post Graduate Study

More
2 weeks 18 hours ago #290820 by Dionne
I currently have new style ESA with LCWRA. Would I be able to do part time Post Graduate Study (PGCE online) and still receive ESA. I can't afford to loose it, as I can't see that I'd be able to work for two years again to be able to claim it again.

If I can, then what process is likely to follow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 hours ago #290850 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New Style ESA and Post Graduate Study
D

I would get face-to-face advice, your ability to do the course could depend on a Decision Makers view of the course, I think this is unlikely but it is better to cover all of the bases first.

You also need to consider whether your doing the course suggests an improvement in your conditions, especially if there is classroom-based training.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 6 days ago #290857 by Dionne
Replied by Dionne on topic New Style ESA and Post Graduate Study
I purposely found a course that doesn't involve any classroom based or teaching activities. It's just online learning.

Thank you, I will try to make an appointment with the job centre.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290869 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic New Style ESA and Post Graduate Study
Hi Dionne,

The online learning courses can be great. I do them myself at the open university, and there's a real sense of accomplishment, when you're able to print your certificate at the end.

Good luck, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.