× Members

Pip

More
1 week 3 days ago #291150 by bat19
Pip was created by bat19
Can someone give some advice I am on pip for other medical conditions but my question is I have be told I got prostate cancer should I tell dwp of my new condition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #291155 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Pip
Hi bat19,
I'm sorry to hear about your new diagnosis. There is no need to inform DWP unless you wish to gain increased benefit, or your condition has improved, and you no longer qualify for the same level of benefit. Likewise, just because you have a new diagnosis this won't automatically mean an increased amount of PIP. Firtstly if you already receive enhanced rate for both daily living as well as mobility then this is the maximum.
If you only get standard rate or only money for one component you would need to show that the new diagnosis gives rise to additional points under the same or new descriptors. Bear in mind that whilst some descriptors are cumulative others are a set of varied activities under the same theme, often with same value points so won't achieve more points. That said, if a higher value score also applies this should be awarded. Also bear in mind if you have only got 8 points for standard rate you need to find another 4 points. If you have no award for one component you would have to find at least 8 extra points which could be difficult. If there is no chance that your award will be increased it is not worth applying.
I very much hope this isn't the case, but if your diagnosis is terminal, then you should tell DWP, this allows you to claim via the special rules scheme, and will fast track a claim to achieve enhanced rate of both components if you don't already get this.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 3 days ago #291168 by bat19
Replied by bat19 on topic Pip
Hi LL26 thanks for your help I get standard daily living which is 10 point and high mobility
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris