× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration - over 30 days from date of PIP decision letter

More
1 week 5 days ago #291194 by SJP
I have finally found the time and inclination to sit down and complete a mandatory reconsideration request. I thought I was close to the deadline as I received my notification of a zero award on 16th April 2024. I phoned for a copy of the assessment report (which not surprisingly is full of inaccuracies) on 18th April and received it a few days later.

The issue is that I have now noticed that the notification paperwork is dated 26th March 2024. How can it possibly be dated 26th March and not get to me until 16th April??

I am going to send a MR request anyway and state that I didn't receive the notification until 16th April. Call records will show that I spoke to someone from DWP on 18th April and that is the date on the report that I received. I don't imagine they would look up call records but I will have proof of the call on my mobile bill.

I am reading the PIP guide and a lot of it refers to 'appeal' rather than MR. So my question is how much information do I put in my MR? I'd like to put in as much as possible to try and overturn the decision at this stage but if it is likely to still be declined am I wasting my time adding information that will get ignored?
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #291208 by Gordon
SJP

Whilst the success rate at the NR stage is low in comparison to appeal, revisions of the Decision do occur so I would always encourage members to make a detailed MR request. You lose nothing by doing so, if you need to go on appeal the information from your MR will be included in the appeal papers and can be used as a result in your preparing for the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, VIA, SJP

More
1 week 4 days ago #291231 by SJP
Hi Gordon,

Thank you for your reply. I will include as much information as I can. I found the PIP appeal outline creator on here so I will use that as the basis of my MR. With the exception of one I disagree with every point score.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris