× Members

PIP Review

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291239 by dutchbarty
PIP Review was created by dutchbarty
Good afternoon.

Can you please advise re PIP review.

The person I am writing on behalf of is aged 22 and suffer from Chronic Fatigue. They missed school from year 8 onwards due to illness and managed two weeks of college and only made about 3 half days and could not do it physically. They was on DLA and migrated to PIP. Now received the PIP review document in the post to complete.

Since being diagnosed some years back nothing has changed, they have not seeked any more medical input as there is nothing they can do.

They claim universal credit for not being able to work. In the last 3 months they have managed 5 hours working in a saloon for beauty spread over many days. THe DWP were informed of this so that her UC payment could be adjusted.

So when the form is completed is it wise to send off the historical documentation as its not recent. Is it wise to go into just as much detail as before or can it be summarised but without just writing no change.

Most days the individual sleeps and also has an appointee to act for them, namely the mother. They have never had a face to face as trying to get them to a location is futile as waking them up causes huge stress and they become combative, wear themselves out and then sleep for longer.

Thank you and you support is much appreciated
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291256 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Review
Hi Dutchbarty

For review advice, have a look at the Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews, page 128 onwards. You shouldn't need to send off information the DWP already holds; however, some people do not trust that it will be looked at, so they send it again. You will have to decide for yourselves what to do on that one. How much detail should you use? Again, this varies. I prefer to be detailed - because I think it's a nuisance for assessors to look back at what might previously have been said - but not every claimant can or will do that. Do read the advice in the guide and then do what feels right for your friend and her daughter.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , dutchbarty, Charlie

More
4 months 1 week ago #291390 by dutchbarty
Replied by dutchbarty on topic PIP Review
Bis, thank you. Is it worth mentioning they tried work but were not capable of it or just omit it. The appointee would not want them to think that they were withholding information or is this irrevelant. UC were informed of the work. Thank you.

More
4 months 1 week ago #291392 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Review
Hi dutchbarty

Obviously, some people work and claim PIP, but PIP itself isn't about a person's ability to work. I think it's up to the appointee whether she feels it relevant to mention it. The DWP are aware of it - just be clear if she decides to mention it that she could not work. My fear is that an assessor can turn "cannot work" into "cannot work at the moment". This would be from someone who knows nothing about the daughter and has to make a snap judgement and looking at the PIP criteria and thinks they should be able to do things they can't. My fears could be unfounded - but I would say to your friend proceed with caution.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dutchbarty, Charlie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.