× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291278 by Auntyp
Mandatory Reconsideration was created by Auntyp
Hello!

I found the website after sending in my PIP2 and having a telephone assessment and am thinking about submitting a MR as I was denied PIP. I’m slowly making my way through the training which so far has been very helpful but have some questions relating to an appeal.

How much new evidence am I able to include in the MR as I’ve discovered from the training that I should have put in my original claim and the health assessment that I use aids (I didn’t realise that by using a radiator to stand up I was using an aid!) more than I realise? Will the person reviewing my appeal take these seriously or are they likely to think I’m just adding new evidence to get PIP as there’s quite a bit of new evidence and there are also errors in the assessor’s report. Also, as I didn’t know the process for the assessment I wrongly assumed that the assessor would either give me more time to answer or ask further questions about my answers so there’s a lot of information missing from her report.

For example, for planning and following a journey I was asked “where I go when I drive” but nothing specifically about planning or following journeys. 95% of my journeys are familiar, unfamiliar journeys are difficult and I usually have someone with me to help me navigate but the report says that I can plan and follow journeys unaided.

I didn’t ask for the assessment to be recorded as I forgot to ask as I didn’t put it in my calendar as I have brain fog so often forget to do things but I have received a copy of the assessor’s report which definitely has some errors. Is this something that I should be worried about?

I also haven’t seen a doctor for a couple of years as they weren’t listening to me that problems I was experiencing were related to my ME/CFS and I was also told when I started my claim that I didn’t need to ask my doctor for evidence as the DWP would do that. I’ve since asked for an appointment with a doctor so that I can make sure that all my symptoms are recorded but was wondering if I should ask for a statement from them to include in a MR or would it be ignored as I didn’t include it with the original claim?

Sorry for the long and rambling post!

Thanks in advance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291286 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
Hello Auntyp,
You can add as much additional evidence as you have provided it applies to the difficulties you had when you had your assessment. (To take a silly example, if you have broken your leg since you had your assessment you can't include evidence that you have to use crutches, because that did not apply then.)
You might want to give an explanation in your MR submission that although the examples applied when you completed your PIP2 form, you did not realise until recently that you should have included them.
Wishing you a successful outcome,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Auntyp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.