× Members

esa to uc

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291319 by snuggles59
esa to uc was created by snuggles59
hi,

My husband receives income related ESA (support group) and pip and gets severe disability premium for me because he doesn't claim carers allowance.
I get pip and carers allowance for my husband.
Do we both have to fill in the health section on the uc because I've never claimed ESA.
I have read that if I claim carers allowance I don't have to look for work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291349 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic esa to uc
Hi Melanie

Welcome to the forum.

Your forum name appears to be your real name, I would advise you to change it to protect your anonymity. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

You need to get advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to help you to apply for UC, have you received the invitation letter from DWP?

Before you do anything seek advice, you will both need to make a claim separately, which are then joined, you will both need to sign a claimant commitment, if you are in the support group then you should be placed in the LCWRA group when you apply.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.