× Members

What Do You Think?

More
1 month 1 week ago #291389 by Bud
What Do You Think? was created by Bud
Sorry, I can’t find any of my previous posts, I’m too wound up. I put in a complaint to Capita about my assessment, I also sent off my MR to DWP. What I feared most has happened, Capita say that DWP want me to have another assessment. So I rang DWP & they want more info, as what the report said & what I’ve said are conflicting. Although they said that this would be beneficial to me, & due to my long term conditions, & strong evidence to back this up, they want me to get the award that I’m entitled to 🤔 I asked if I could keep the points they’d already given me & do the assessment. They just said that they were sure that I would. So now I’m thinking that I should just keep my standard award & not do the assessment, but take it to the tribunal. Oh my life, the 10 year (stuff that dreams are made of) award was mentioned too! I do not trust them one little bit. Any ideas what to do next?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #291395 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic What Do You Think?
Hi Bud

I'm sorry you're in this position. We can't tell you what to do—only you can make the choice.

I will tell you what I would do - but that doesn't mean I'm right - it's just a personal opinion. I would do the assessment because I might have to wait up to a year for the Tribunal and I wouldn't want that. Would I trust the DWP and what they have told me? No, but then I probably wouldn't trust the Tribunal panel either.

What should you do next? You might want to write down the pros and cons of either decision on paper and then decide from that.

Good luck - whatever you decide.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, Charlie

More
1 month 1 week ago #291429 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic What Do You Think?
I’ve called both Capita & DWP again. The good news is that I got to speak to a CM, & it only took about 5 mins for them to answer the phone. Is that a record? Not sure if it’s good or bad news, but another CM will ring me back. I’ll be on edge all day now waiting for that call.

I don’t have to do the assessment, & I can keep my standard award. But if I do this they said that I can’t use the MR to go to tribunal because the assessment is part of the MR. If that’s the case I should keep my existing points surely?

More
1 month 1 week ago #291432 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic What Do You Think?
Sorry another question. Can you tell me, is it Capita or DWP who would request another assessment? Capita are adamant it’s not them, & they told me not to believe DWP if they tell me this. Now DWP have twice told me that it was Capita. This was the conversation that I’ve just had with the case manager, who couldn’t really answer my questions. Now I’m expecting a call from another CM who will be able to give me more info on going forward or having another assessment. So I’m thinking everything that the CM said to me yesterday was BS. If it sounds too good to be true ….

More
1 month 1 week ago #291454 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic What Do You Think?
Hi Bud

As you've found out - one organisation will say one thing and another will say the opposite and vice versa. It's impossible to know who is speaking the truth. I hope that you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, Charlie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.