× Members

Parkinsons Disease

More
1 month 1 week ago #291430 by Robert006
Parkinsons Disease was created by Robert006
I have been diagnosed with Parkinsons last August, my consultant said I may have had for the last five to ten years without realising it. I get PIP at the moment for mental health conditions.

I know there is a lot of talk about PIP awards being reduced for mental health conditions, as a side point I received a text today saying that my review had started and I should get a form within in two weeks. This nine months before my renwal is due!

My question is does Parkinson Disease automatically qualify you for PIP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #291464 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Parkinsons Disease
Hi Robert006

Review forms are sent out up to a year before the award end date - so this is not unusual.

There are no automatic qualifications for PIP. There is a fast-track system for people with terminal cancer.

It is not so much the condition per se but its impact on a person's daily living and/or mobility. It's quite possible for two people with the same condition to have different outcomes. So whether you get awarded additional points for your Parkinson's will depend on the impact as per the specific PIP criteria. On your form - make sure that you are very clear about your Parkinson's and don't assume that the reader knows anything about the condition.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert006, Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.