× Members

PIP - going out (what you do now vs what you COULD do if you got more help)

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291438 by riverside
On the medical report, I got 10 points for the activity "going out", because I am only going out with a family member a few times a week.

I did say it's because the family member is only available a few times a week, but this wasn't mentioned in the report.

I called the PIP helpline today and they said it's about what I am doing now, not what I could do. So if I got a carer to accompany me out of the house everyday, that would qualify for 12 points. But as I am only currently going out a few times a week (even if I could go out everyday if a family member was available), I only qualify for 10 points.

Do you think that's right? That the decision is based on what you are doing now, not what you could do if you got more help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291460 by BIS
Hi Riverside

The DWP can only judge people's current situation. They can't make a judgment on what people 'might do' as there is no guarantee they will.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Charlie, riverside

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291469 by riverside
Thank you for your reply. That makes sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.