× Members

Award review

More
1 month 1 week ago #291443 by buffy54
Award review was created by buffy54
Hello. I have received an award review and need help with filling it in .
I was awarded in 2018 for enhanced daily living I was 64 then and now almost 70.
My circumstances have since changed in some areas with more health conditions ( psoriatic arthritis, carple tunnel, waiting on surgery. )
The rumatoligy want me on methotrexate and I am refusing as I already have a messed up gut from all the medications over a life time. Will this chronic illness be taken seriously as I am refusing such a harsh medication.
I struggle with walking as my foot is constantly so sore with psoriasis and I have steroid creams to help.
My carple tunnel is waiting surgery.
I have bladder incontinence and waiting for further action.
Please can you tell me if I may be able to claim points and how many to get enhanced rate as things are much worse than when I got my award.
Do I just tick the boxes that are the same and add the rest.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #291461 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Award review
Hello buffy54 and I am sorry to hear that you are now finding life more challenging.

As you probably know PIP looks at particular areas of your life within the Daily Living and Mobility sections. If you are now finding some of those more difficult than you did in 2018 it is possible that you may be awarded more points and may now get the enhanced award.

It is important to make it very clear on your form the details of what has got worse. I am always a little nervous about saying something is the same, since it can be hard to remember when a condition is changing slowly. So rather than just say that it is the same, tell them again how it actually is. It means it takes longer to complete the form, but is probably worth the effort.

Think too about how your increased issues impact on each of the activities - for example your sore foot obviously means that you will find walking harder, but does it also mean that you need to use a perching stool in the kitchen or need to use an aid to hold onto in the shower etc etc.

You need to get 12 points for enhanced Daily Living and 12 for Mobility. For more information and help with filling in the form I would suggest that you go to our guides - they are oozing with good stuff!

Best wishes
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: josfubar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.