× Members

MR PIP decision letter update 😨

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #292024 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Hi folks

I have a quick question in relation to the PIP tribunal appeal for my son. He was awarded LCWRA in April 2023. He had a telephone assessment with me as a support, and the assessor was lovely and understanding and he really seemed to understand the mental health impact and a bit about ADHD. A short while after the assessment my son was awarded LCWRA, which was fantastic news for him at the time. We didn't bother to ask for the full report because he had received what he wanted and there didn't seem much point. Plus I assumed that as he had been awarded that, PIP would be awarded too...if only I had been able to foresee the future!!!

However, now we are appealing to the tribunal for his PIP, do you think it would be worth getting hold of a copy of the LCWRA assessor's report? I know there are different activities in the two benefits but there is a lot of crossover, and the assessor (unlike the PIP assessor) appeared to believe what we said about how my son's disability affects him.

My concern is that the DWP might say, hang on, maybe we shouldn't be giving him this extra money either and that would just be too devastating for us. His mental health would plunge. It used to be after visits to the job centre that he would end up calling the Samaritans or mental health crisis line and I really don't want to end up in that position again.

I'd welcome any thoughts!! 😊
Thanks
Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #292041 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Hi Anji

I think itis worth getting hold of the assessors report called a UC85, I usually add a copy of the decision makers report when I complete forms to add to the supporting documents.

You are correct in saying a few questions do cross over between PIP and WCA, Gordon did a spreadsheet which shows the similarities between both benefits which can be found under the guides tab above.

PIP claim should not effect LCWRA claim, when you get a copy of the assessors report, it usually states when the next should take place.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Anji

More
3 weeks 10 hours ago #292066 by Anji
Thanks Gary, I'll get hold of a copy.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #292111 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Hi Anji,
I wrote this post a couple of days ago.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...nd-esa-appeal#292002 The first part deals with the merits of a late MR as opposed to new claim.

However the second part gives some hints about using ESA reports for PIP. Hopefully you might this useful too.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by LL26.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Anji

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292128 by Anji
Thanks LL26

Really helpful 😀
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

More
1 week 4 days ago #292399 by Anji
We now have the LCWRA assessment report, which is brief but fair. The assessor has taken note of what we said during the assessment and presented it as a fair representation of my son's life. The only error he made was calling me my son's 'friend' but this may be because I was just introduced as a 'support' so I can see how that could have happened.

I'm wondering if we will get a copy of the recording of our PIP assessment as part of the tribunal 'bundle' or whether we should ask for it in advance?

Thanks
Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.