× Members

No Acknowledgment for Mandatory Review from DWP

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291596 by Bill and Pics
This may be answered elsewhere but after being taken off PIP with the DWP claiming my circumstances have changed when they haven’t, I had identified more problems I had after being assessed as autistic, so I was worse than what was down on my record, and this medical proof I sent them. I was already on standard PIP but I had additional problems which I thought were down to me so I ignored them but when it was confirmed I am autistic I was told these were autistic problems and should be taken into account. These would bring me into enhanced PIP (over 12 points). There are many autistic problems I have which all add up.

I sent a letter of appeal by next day delivery and have proof of delivery but not heard anything yet. How do I know the DWP will process my appeal? Could this be a delaying tactic to hopefully shove me aside or what? Should I keep on at them so they don’t get the opportunity to defraud me yet more as I don’t trust these bureaucratic narcissists who try to deny many their rightful entitlements. They can play the idiot as if they don’t know what’s going on but it is all part of fraud and corruption through bureaucratic manipulation by this corrupt department.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291600 by Chris
Hi Bill and Pics,

Unfortunately it is such a long winded process, and can take many months, even years for them to get back in touch with you, and keep you updated. Usually once they've received your paperwork, and then it's put into the system, you get a text message every 3 months saying that they are still processing your claim, until you finally get a text, and letter advising of the next steps. You could try ringing the PIP helpline for an update to see if you're paperwork has been scanned onto the system yet, but other than that - all you can really do I'm afraid is play the waiting game. Back in 2020, when I first applied for PIP, my whole process took 22 months before I was awarded PIP for a year. I then had another assessment in which I lost PIP, applied for an MR, then went to the tribunal stage, it took another 8 months before I was re-awarded PIP for 4 years this time. You do get it backdated as a lump sum, but unfortunately the waiting process can be tedious.

Hope this helps, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.