× Members

Trialing work when waiting for wca

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291643 by Emma
Hi,
I am currently off sick from work and still receiving full pay. I have submitted all fit notes and will continue to. I have submitted the questionnaire to start the process of claiming for LCWRA but am in the early stages.
I am due to return to work on a phased return on a trial basis. I will be reducing my hours to 2.5 days a week as will not manage more than this if the trial goes well.
My question is, if I start working before being assessed, will I still be entitled to a wca? I’m worried if I do I won’t be assessed….But if I was further along the process and deemed to have LCWRA I would be able to work alongside this and have a work allowance. This doesn’t seem fair?

I seem to remember someone from dwp advising me to continue submitting fit notes (with may be fit to work box ticked) while waiting for the assessment? Not sure if I’ve misunderstood?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291645 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Trialing work when waiting for wca
Hello Emma,

This is not a quick and easy yes or no. Please read our guide ‘Permitted Work and Working Whilst on UC’ guide. It is the second guide down under ESA and UC guides. This will explain the rules. The whole guide is useful, but see in particular page 5.

I would agree with the advice you have been given to continue submitting fit notes until you have had your WCA assessment. Without those you will be seen as fully fit to work and your work coach will raise expectations and demands on you as though you did not have any impairment to your mental or physical health.

I hope this helps.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291648 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Trialing work when waiting for wca
Emma

In addition to Catherine's good advice regarding ESA if you are claiming then the same, less than 16 hours of work rule exists, if you exceed this limit then the WCA will not be progressed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.