× Members

PIP tribunal process

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291664 by JustMe
PIP tribunal process was created by JustMe
Hello,

I attended my tribunal hearing in person after applying for PIP and being denied at both the assessment and mandatory reconsideration stages. There was another person attending their PIP tribunal before me, and the panel called them back in after discussion to let them know the outcome (they've awarded PIP).
However, during my tribunal they said they'd let me know by letter in 6-8 weeks. I wasn't offered the chance to say anything else after they'd asked their questions of me either.
Does anyone have any comment on this? I am obviously anxious as to they the person that went in before me was told the outcome on the day, but I wasn't. Any thoughts are appreciated!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291666 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP tribunal process
Hi JustMe

I can't tell you what it means because, in my experience, panels are inconsistent. Some people find out on the day they have been successful, and some people find they haven't been. Others find out they have won by letter, and others find out they have lost by letter.

I'm sorry that you have to wait. I can only hope that you hear more quickly than they have said.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.