× Members

moving into sheltered housing

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291676 by diceman24
moving into sheltered housing was created by diceman24
been offered a apartment in a sheltered housing complex would i be able still claim universal credit with lcwra plus i recieve Dla both high rates if i move will this cause me to have to claim pip or will i stay on DLA i be moving into same council i live on my own,also the sheltered housing has a warden who lives on site thank you for your reply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291678 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic moving into sheltered housing
Hi diceman

Unless you have a care plan then moving into sheltered housing will not affect your benefits, you just need to report a change of address via your journal and details of your new rent and service charges. Not all service charges are eligible to be covered by the housing element. Some sheltered housing schemes have hot water/central heating included in service charges, these charges are classed as ineligible and will not be paid by UC or HB.

You will stay on DLA until you are reassessed or asked to apply for PIP. Remember PIP criteria is different than DLA criteria.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: diceman24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.