× Members

Pip telephone assessment review

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291770 by Solo
Pip telephone assessment review was created by Solo
Had a in expected call form IAS saying she wanted to ask a few questions about my pip review. She said she wasn’t a fully trained assessor but asked me questions relating to my claim. I was really stressed and in a lot of pain. I tried my best to answer questions but there was lots more I could of added, so I’m panicking that I didn’t fully represent my self .
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291777 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip telephone assessment review
Hi Solo

I can understand that this will worry you, but everyone feels the same when this happens. All you can do is wait and see what happens next. You did your best and that's all you can expect of yourself.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Solo

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #291868 by Solo
Replied by Solo on topic Pip telephone assessment review
Had another call the next day from what was apparently the same lady but I had the phone on loud speaker and my partner is convinced it was someone different. This time she was tapping into the computer. She asked me how many times a week I go out, which I told her once a week if lucky and always with my daughter or partner. Now I’m thinking I should have explained that this once a week includes medical appts and the odd trip to the butchers, not literally go out socially.
I forgot to explain that if I do have to go somewhere different like my daughters graduation, two of which I missed, the Doctor gave me duloxetine.
My daughter wrote lots of notes to remind me of things to mention but because I was unprepared I didn’t have them to hand.
Apparently she was going to write a report and send it off to the DWP. I did say at the end of the conversation that I am sure there is things I have forgotten to mention and she said I could always ring the DWP if I thought of anything, although whether they would do anything is another matter.
It’s left me feeling so anxious and low I don’t feel as though I have been able to represent myself. I did the renewal over a year ago and things have changed since then.
Sorry about the rant. Just don’t think I can face a mandatory consideration this time.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #291893 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip telephone assessment review
Hi Solo,

Are you able to see if you can get any help from anyone, or maybe's welfare rights advisor ?

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #291914 by KABTT
Replied by KABTT on topic Pip telephone assessment review
Don't let them kid you that you can't appeal against any mistakes they make - they did a dreadful job with my review so I'm appealing, doctor and consultant have checked through my NHS notes and will back me. Guides and support here so you are not alone xx You may have done better than you think, fingers crossed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie, Chris, Solo

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #291952 by Solo
Replied by Solo on topic Pip telephone assessment review
I will look into this. I did phone pip and asked them for a copy of the report, which should arrive within 10 days. I am hopeful that this will give me a chance to explain to the DM before she makes her decision.
I find I get extremely stressed in these situations and then can’t sleep, which in turn affects my disability.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.