× Members

Telephone assessments PIP

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291772 by pipsqueak
Telephone assessments PIP was created by pipsqueak
Hi, further to my post on telephone assessments for PIP: knowing that I can record the 'conversation' and reading the information provided on this website, I need to inform them that I want the assessment recorded and a copy of the transcript sent to me. I only have the telephone number for Independent Assessement Services -ex ATOS- which appeared in their text message. Is calling them enough or should I send a letter somewhere (where?).
Also I am trying to get my support worker to be with me on the day, just to be there. I think I should also tell them she is going to be there?
Finally would they accept someone else making these requests on my behalf as I'm not sure I can make these calls?
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291778 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Telephone assessments PIP
Hi Pipsqueak

Calling them is fine, but once you're on the call, ask for the address to send the follow-up letter, which will confirm your request to have the assessment recorded.

It's up to you whether or not you choose to say you have someone with you. You can tell them beforehand or tell the assessor on the day.

You can get someone else to make the call, but you should be with them so you can confirm that you give permission for someone to speak on your behalf - otherwise, they won't be able to make the call (unless it is your support worker).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , pipsqueak

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291790 by Dellilah
Replied by Dellilah on topic Telephone assessments PIP
Hi BIS,
Is it necessary to say in writing that you want the assessment recorded as well as requesting it on the phone?

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291802 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Telephone assessments PIP
Hi pipsqueak, they do provide recordings, but I don't think they make transcripts. You would have to do this or get someone to, once you have either the CDs or the digital download, whichever you opt for.

I found that the CDs they sent me would not play in the external cd player I borrowed to play them [which did play music Cds]. But I am able to play them, oddly, in the built in DVD player of my tv, using the tv remote to start, pause, play, forward etc
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Gary, pipsqueak, Dellilah, Charlie

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291804 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Telephone assessments PIP
Hi Dellilah

It is always prudent to follow up any telephone call in writing, confirming what was discussed, sent by recorded delivery.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pipsqueak, Dellilah, Charlie

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291869 by pipsqueak
Replied by pipsqueak on topic Telephone assessments PIP
Unsurprinsingly, when I called them yesterday, they really did not volunteer any information about the recording. I had to push it. Even the letter, which I received just this morning, only mentions that you can request that the meeting is recorded and that they would send a CD of it. But if I wanted that, the woman on the phone said they would have to reschedule. I declined because I need this so-called assessment over and done with as soon as possible. This review has been a year in the system. That's already 12 months of stress. So I am going to record it myself and have confirmed that in writing, sent recorded delivery. I'm going to practice different modes of recording and see what works best...
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Dellilah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.