× Members

New Style ESA and PIP

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291786 by MelissaJayne
New Style ESA and PIP was created by MelissaJayne
Hi

For background I was on UC in the LCWRA group until 3 years ago, when I moved in with my partner. I worked part time for the past couple of years, but my mental health went downhill again hard and fast, so I'm seeing a psychotherapist now twice weekly, for the next 12 months, after a 7 year wait from initial referral.

Because I had worked I put in a claim for new style ESA, and a week or so later for PIP (early March 2024) and sent evidence of my BPD diagnosis (both NHS and private), and twice weekly therapy needs, with both claims. Can I please ask:

1. I have read assessments will be joint in 2024 and there is a resource on here showing overlap- are joint assessments now live? Or is this something that hasn't been introduced yet? I'm hoping it will be 1 call as it's mental health and want my partner home but not sure if that's a likely outcome?

2. I had a text saying on 8th May saying 'an assessor is looking at your PIP claim. They will contact you with an appointment if they need to'.

I've not had a letter or email yet- does it normally take long for the letter asking you to attend? I don't want to have had a letter for an appointment go missing and DWP think I just didn't show up! So not sure if I should call and chase as I'm getting myself in a right state over it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer some advice,

Mel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291809 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New Style ESA and PIP
Hi MelissaJayne

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

1) At this moment in time assessment have not been joined (PIP + WCA), you will be notified in our news letter when or if this happens.

2) Yes, you will receive an appointment for an assessment if one is needed, it will be either a paper assessment, face to face assessment or a phone/video assessment.

There is a bit of a backlog, so appointments are taking sometime which varies across regions, so we are unable to say how long, we do ask members to let us know how long it takes for them, to give other members so idea.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.