× Members

Universal Credit Query - LCWRA Group Work Focused Interview]

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291792 by beabea101
Hi,

This is about Universal Credit, but I couldn’t see it listed so I hope this is the right place to ask for advice.

I have been booked in for a work focused interview and I don’t think this is right. I have been on UC in the LCWRA group since 2018, and was in the ESA support group from 2014 before that. 12 months ago I voluntarily spoke to a work coach, and I messaged her through my UC journal to ask if we could speak again , as it has been a year. Another work coach picked up the message though and booked me in for a work focused interview, to discuss what I have been doing in relation to returning to work. I’m really worried now! Can they do that? If I attend, am I agreeing that I am ready to start work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291810 by Gary
Hi beabea101

Your question is outside the remit of the forum but I will try and answer it.

The work focused interview is to see what help you need to get back into the work force, as you are in the support group (LCWRA) then you do not have to agree with anything. The Government is trying to get claimants off LCWRA by offering extra support packages.

I would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk . If you do attend, I would advise you to take someone with you.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: beabea101, Charlie

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #291878 by Jones1988
They cannot impose a sanction if you don't turn up as you are in the no work related requirements group.
Also you won't have a specific work coach assigned to you if you have LCWRA...just a case manager who doesn't work in a Jobcentre. Case managers work in UC Service Centres and don't do face to face interviews.
The following is an interesting FOI request.
www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/uc_lcwra_...nse%2000893.pdf.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: beabea101

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.