× Members

At my wits end with UC saying I'm claiming ESA

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291832 by trb10
I have been on UC for over 12 months after my ESA claim was stopped. Fast forward to this month and my UC statement arrives with ESA being taken off. I queried this and was told I had an active ESA claim and was receiving payment and that if this was incorrect I needed to contact ESA.
I contacted ESA who confirmed I had no live claim and last received a payment in Feb 2023. I asked how then could UC say I have a claim and am receiving payment. The lady said she had no idea and would escalate.
Now 3 weeks later and with my next statement nearly due, UC are STILL saying I am receiving ESA and that to quote "The System we can see this information on is called CIS/Searchlight, Universal Credit are not allowed to contact ESA, and vice versa."

So I'm stuck in limbo with neither side saying they can talk to the other and therefore I am being deducted £ for £ a benefit I am not even receiving. I phoned up ESA again on Monday to escalate and was told a manager would call back but unsurprisingly no-one has.

What on earth can I do? I am totally up the creek next month if UC deduct a whole month's worth of ESA again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291855 by Gary
Hi trb10

The first question I would ask you, what type of ESA were you claiming? IR ESA or CB ESA, if you were on CB ESA and in the support group then technically you may still have a live claim.

To resolve this issue I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk they will be able to contact DWP partnership manager to resolve the issue, if they are unable to do so.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291865 by trb10
I was on IR ESA for about 6 years. I actually have my appeal date for Weds over the way it was stopped.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.