× Members

Received call from DWP

More
4 weeks 23 hours ago #291938 by learntorun
Received call from DWP was created by learntorun
I wonder if you are able to help. I received a telephone call from DWP today to say that they want to deliver a letter regarding overpayment of £200, he said from 2021/2022. Obviously very worried. I am presently awaiting a decision from the tribunal regarding a £14,000 overpayment but received notification of that overpayment via letter through the post.

The man on the phone said it was nothing to worry about as it is a small amount and can pay it back monthly. I am very worried to be called in this manner. Do you know if the DWP hand deliver letters. It seems such a waste of resources for £200 overpayment which I am unaware. Many thanks

He is coming next Tuesday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 23 hours ago #291940 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Received call from DWP
Hi learntorun

This sounds like a scam. I don't want to worry you - but- please contact the DWP ASAP and confirm whether they have contacted you.

You didn't say what benefit it was. If they rang you on your mobile - do not click on any link or use it to ring them back. Make sure you take a number from the internet or off the last letter you had from the DWP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie, Chris

More
4 weeks 21 hours ago #291946 by learntorun
Replied by learntorun on topic Received call from DWP
Thank you BIS it is ESA. I have tried to contact DWP and have been on hold for over an hour. It was my landline he called. He was very convincing but now thinking about it he gave me the amount of the overpayment which was very strange for him to say it.

More
4 weeks 21 hours ago #291947 by learntorun
Replied by learntorun on topic Received call from DWP
Thank you very much BIS for this. It was for ESA. He contacted me on my landline and I have been on hold to the DWP for over an hour and can't get through. Thinking about it now, it does sound a bit suspicious.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.