× Members

Random Text Message Advising of a call this afternoon?

More
4 weeks 2 hours ago #291978 by Jack
Hi everyone,

I’ve received a text message at 10:40 this morning from ‘DWP’ saying:

‘We need to call you about your Personal Independence Payment. We will call you today between 01.30 PM and 02.30 PM. Our number may show as unknown or begin with 0800.’

I had an unexpected call last week from a health professional advising she was going to try assess my application with the need for a phone call or face to face assessment. What could this call be about? I thought they had to give 7 days notice for an assessment. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 21 minutes ago #291985 by BIS
Hi Jack

I can't tell you what the call is about. They may just want clarification on something.

When they ring, confirm the reason for the call before you answer any questions. Write down the name and job title of the person making the call in case you have any cause for concern afterwards. At the end of the call, make sure you ask them what happens next.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jakkijax, Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.