× Members

PIP review due later this year?

More
4 weeks 2 hours ago #291979 by Sharon
PIP review due later this year? was created by Sharon
Hi, I believe my PIP award is due to be reviewed in October this year. I've read about DWP backlogs, but am I still likely to receive the review form before then? Is the backlog in the time they take to review the claim or does it also affect how soon they send you the initial review form?

I remember from my original claim, they don't give you much time to return the form and it's very stressful. I had to ask for an extension before and they were really horrible to me on the phone. Part of my autistic profile means I do things slowly! So I just wanted to be prepared for when I'm likely to get the renewal form. Hope someone can give me a rough idea of when I can expect a letter/renewal form. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 4 minutes ago #291987 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review due later this year?
Hi Sharon

I'm sorry, but it's impossible to answer your question with any certainty. Review forms are normally sent out up to a year before the award end date. That is not an exact date, and so they could arrive at any time. If your award is due to end in October, yours could arrive any time now. Will you be affected by the backlog? We just don't know.

When you receive the form you will have four weeks to return the form from the date on the letter. If you need more time you should ask for it - but don't leave it until the last minute. Ask for the extension when the form first arrives. In some circumstances, people have been offered a second extension - but this is not a given, and again - don't leave it until the last minute to ask. Simply say you are struggling to meet the deadline.

I hope this helps a little

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.