× Members

Migration to UC

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291982 by Evesmum
Migration to UC was created by Evesmum
I had to migrate from working tax credit to UC and am protected for 12 months. I am now also receiving Pip due to ill health. Please can you advise me, do I still need to work the self employed hours that I needed to work to enable me to claim WTC even though I have migrated? i have started working just a few hours a week, casual, part time in a school but this is employed.
Thank you so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #292003 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Migration to UC
Hi Evesham

The rules for WTC and UC are different, depending on your circumstances under WTC you had to be working 16/24 hours pw.

Under UC you have in-work conditionality, if you are self employed and your earnings are low, your UC may be calculated using a minimum income floor unless you are in a 12 month start-up period.

Have you been placed in the LCW/LCWRA group or have responsibility for a child if you have or you are responsible for a child then you would be eligible to a work allowance.

We would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation, where they can give you accurate information; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #292019 by Evesmum
Replied by Evesmum on topic Migration to UC
Thank you Gary, I'm sorry but I don't understand what LCW/LCWRA means. I am aged 65 and have no children. Many thanks.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #292046 by Gary
Hi Evesmum

LCW stands for Limited Capability for Work, this was previously called Work Related Activity Group (WRAG).

LCWRA stands for Limited Capability for Work Related Activity, this was previously called the Support group.

You can see how it can get confusing with the names.

If you are placed in the LCWRA group you would be entitled to an additional £416.19 per month.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 15 hours ago #292117 by Evesmum
Replied by Evesmum on topic Migration to UC
Thanks Gary, on my Fit note from my GP she puts on it that I am not fit for work, even though she knows I do a few hours some weeks on a casual basis. Does this mean that I am unfit for work? I apologise, but I have never claimed any benefits in my life before now.
thank you.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292154 by Gary
Hi Evesmum

The only way I can answer your post, your Dr knows best ☺️

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.