× Members

Pip appeal

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #292072 by JAYBE
Pip appeal was created by JAYBE
I'd appreciate thoughts on this please...

I live alone and the DWP assessor decided that because I don't have anyone to prompt me, I don't need it.

The "my husband helped me with..." examples are frustrating

I cope, but life would be so much easier with help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #292089 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip appeal
Hi JAYBE

I hear your frustration. I obviously have no idea what you wrote on your form, but as well as having to fight the bias of assessors it often comes down to the wording of your answers. It can be an absolute minefield.

I know you're fed up with 'my husband (or partner) examples', but in the Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews, they only make up two or three of the examples under each question, and there are lots of examples applicable to individuals.

Have a look back at what you said. Did you talk enough about your struggles or did you even inadvertently imply that you cope? Make sure that you emphasise the difficulties you have. If you don't have anyone to prompt you - there must be plenty of things that you can't do - that you forget, or you don't have the motivation to complete. If that's true - make sure that you have tied those difficulties to your medical condition/s.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JAYBE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.