× Members

Waiting time for appointment from ESA forms old claim

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #292075 by Snootyfox
Hi, I have recently had the forms through for an ESA assessment review, I have sent the forms back 6 weeks ago but heard nothing? Does anyone know how long it takes? And if I can change the date of appointment if needed? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #292087 by BIS
Hi Snootyfox

Unfortunately, we can't tell you how long it will take to hear back. Times are so variable that anything we guess is likely to be incorrect. Some people hear within 8 - 12 weeks, and at worst, some people have been waiting up to 18 months.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #292112 by Robbie

Hi, I have recently had the forms through for an ESA assessment review, I have sent the forms back 6 weeks ago but heard nothing? Does anyone know how long it takes? And if I can change the date of appointment if needed? Thanks
From my own experience of having my ESA reviewed earlier this year, new claim assessments are being prioritised over repeat ESA assessments, this was told to me by a call centre agent at CHDA, the assessment provider for my area . It probably varies depending on the area you live (and by extension, the assessment provider company) but I sent my ESA50 review form back to CHDA last December and it was only looked at in March 2024. Prior to that it was awaiting scrutiny. In the end, I managed to get my review dealt with quicker (on a paper assessment) due to being hospitalised and sending in further medical evidence. This was in April 2024, almost 4 months after the ESA50 had been received by the assessment provider. Had I not sent in further medical evidence in mid April, I do wonder if the review would still been ongoing.

You are allowed to change the date of appointment only once.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.