× Members

Regulation 27

More
3 weeks 21 hours ago #292115 by slim
Regulation 27 was created by slim
I have read Pip is looking at regulation 27 ,regarding mobility . I am on standard rate, but believe I shd be on enhanced . I was told this cannot change as over pension age 68.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292163 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Regulation 27
s

If they are looking at Regulation 27 then I have not heard of it but even if they are the election will have reset everything.

The rule is that if you have reached State Retirement Age then you cannot be awarded the Mobility component if not already in payment or for it to be increased to the Enhanced rate if your award is a Standard one, even if you meet the criteria.

There are some exceptions from the above.

- If the claimant had an award of the Mobility component no more than a year before the date of any new Decision.

- A new claim for PIP is made no more than one year after a terminated claim for PIP and the Mobility component was included in the previous award, however, an increased award cannot be made.

- The claimant is being assessed for PIP as a current DLA claimant in which case the rule is suspended.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.