× Members

Wrongfully reported for benefit fraud

More
3 weeks 17 hours ago #292116 by fionabeccy
Wrongfully reported for benefit fraud was created by fionabeccy
Hi please can you help? I'm in the lcwra group on UC and I recieve pip. My husband and I have split, he was my full time carer. I have chronic fatigue syndrome and lymphodema. My husband was and still tries to be financially abusive and uses coercive control amongst other things. I'm really worried he'll wrongfully report me to UC and pip as he is very vindictive. Is it worth me contacting them to tell them of my concerns, or just speak to them if he does this please? I have reported everything to the police.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292147 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Wrongfully reported for benefit fraud
Hi Fionabeccy

I am sorry that you are in this position. Unfortunately, your question is outside the remit of this forum, and it is not something we can give advice on. You have done the right thing and reported everything to the police - so if he was to do what you fear, you already have the issues documented, and you can give the DWP a copy of your crime number.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fionabeccy

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292153 by fionabeccy
Replied by fionabeccy on topic Wrongfully reported for benefit fraud
Hi, thankyou, and thankyou very much for your help.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292160 by Boris1
Replied by Boris1 on topic Wrongfully reported for benefit fraud
Hi
Was your husband claiming carers allowance for you?
If he was and he reports you for benefit fraud then he may implicate himself of benefit fraud.
I would advise you to seek advice from Womens aid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.