× Members

PIP review advice

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292141 by asmith25
PIP review advice was created by asmith25
First of all, I am sorry if this is one of many threads on this topic. I had a quick look on the forum but my questions weren't answered already. The great guide answered some of my questions.

I received my PIP review form today and had a look and it wasn't the same form as before (just shorter). But anyway this is the first time I've had to review PIP and already anxiety is through the roof. I am autistic and struggle with fatigue and anxiety. I had to go to tribunal last time in 2021 and got a lot of help from Mark Perlic of Wolverhampton City Council, I live in Hertfordshire so wouldn't expect his help this time but still have the tribunal submission he did with me. I have just reread it and feel nothing has changed and can even think of recent events in my life where what is written has happened (meltdowns etc). So I'm wondering if the DWP keep all evidence and information from last time for those who were awarded PIP by tribunal? or is it treated like a fresh claim, nothing has changed for me but I was going to print out the tribunal submission to answer the questions on the form as it covers everything well.

Also I am still in receipt of Universal Credit LCWRA which I thought may have been looked at again by now, but thankfully hasn't been looked at again so far. I was referred to Hertfordshire's Money Advice Unit who successfully got me LCWRA in late 2021. I still have their advisor's notes, would they be helpful too? As to me both benefits seem pretty similar and the evidence of a LCWRA award helped the tribunal award me PIP at the time. I will get Mum who I live with, to contact them again.

I have until the 27th according to the form but I have to post it back in the next two weeks as I am part of a long planned family foreign holiday, so time is a little short.

Sorry if this is long winded but the benefit money helped me stabilise my mental health and losing PIP completely would undo my mental health. The struggles of autism will always remain. Please ask if there's anything you want me to clarify.

Also as my current claim is until the end of next January, does this mean the DWP have cleared the long standing backlog and delays?

Thank you,
Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292167 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review advice
as

Our advice is always to treat this Review form as a new claim but this is particularly the case where the previous Decision was made by a Tribunal as it is very unlikely that the papers from your Tribunal will have been stored with your previous claim documents and so will not be accessible by those assessing you.

If a Decision on your review is not reached by the time your current claim reaches its End Date then the DWP should extend the award by a year, this will happen about 30 days before the current End.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: asmith25

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292177 by asmith25
Replied by asmith25 on topic PIP review advice
Ok thank you Gordon,

I've had a bit more time to think about it and you confirmed the advice I found when searching online as this had already stopped me from being able to do my regular routine until this damn form is done.

There is genuinely no change for me but I am going to frame it as "this activity is still hard for me in this way (example)" or "I am still affected by my autism in this way (example)". Just glad I have my excellent tribunal submission to go by.

Also good to know I need to send my tribunal decision to them, is crazy they wouldn't have this on their system!

Is me getting LCWRA relevant to the people who look at PIP?

Thank you,
Aaron

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292184 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review advice
as

The reasons you received your LCWRA award can be taken into account but there is no specific requirement for those looking at your claim to refer to it. Also, there are limited areas of overlap between the two, even when the criteria appear to be very similar there can still be fundamental differences.

There's a document in the PIP area that compares the two.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292186 by asmith25
Replied by asmith25 on topic PIP review advice
Ok thank you for your help, I think that's everything answered now.

Aaron

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.