× Members

New style esa

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292172 by Justine
New style esa was created by Justine
I was on esa income based with disability element Then i moved to a different area and applied for universal credit this was about 4 years ago. At the time the person dealing with my claim asked if i wanted to apply for new style esa. But she said tgere was no point as its the same money. But now i wished i had claim NEW ESA. Can i apply for it now as i realise it gives me the full national insurance contributions and allows me to do permitted work many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #292173 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic New style esa
Hi Justine,

I believe there's a rule in place that once you've been moved onto UC, you aren't able to go back to legacy benefits, so I would unfortunately guess not - but hopefully someone can further elaborate if this is the case, who knows for definite.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Chris.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292182 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New style esa
J

New Style ESA is the contribution based equivalent of UC and can be claimed at the same time as UC.

I'm afraid, if you have been on UC for four years then you will not qualify for NS ESA as you will be unable to meet the Contribution Conditions which will have required you to have worked throughout the two Tax Years 2021-22 and 2022-23.

As an aside, the money for UC can be more than what you would receive on ESA, also, if you claim any housing support then this is only available through UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.