× Members

PIP Assessment F2F

More
3 weeks 15 hours ago #292206 by Navigator
PIP Assessment F2F was created by Navigator
Hi Everyone,

I finally have my PIP F2F appointment tomorrow, but there is a problem, I have been trying to rehearse all my stuff but my mind has gone blank, I know there will be people who say you should know it, and believe me I do. But as soon as I start to imagine myself in the PIP assessment centre, Nothing will come to me?

I suffer from Severe Depression and Anxiety, and more recently have ben diognosed with Mild Congnative Imparement, my mind feels like it has just switched off, such is the stress I have put myself under ever since the Assessment was confirmed.

I don't want to cancel, and I only have myself to rely on, so I will have to go, but I fear nothing will come out of my mouth, I have heard that taking note can be used against you, regardless of you having a good reason for them.

Navigator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 14 hours ago #292210 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Hi Navigator

Good luck for tomorrow, if you cannot remember anything do not worry, you are being assessed on you, so if it all goes pear shaped then that could be in your favour, do not let the assessor rush you for an answer or make up an answer because you want to get it over and done with. If you cannot remember when they ask you a question, just say, you cannot remember.

Do not take extra medication to calm yourself down as that will go against you, be yourself, remember they are only looking at conditions you have had for at least 3 months and ongoing for 9 months so when you say you have been recently been diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment, how long ago have you had the symptoms?

How are you going to get to the assessment centre, that will go against you if you get there by yourself.

If you want to take notes with you, take notes.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #292235 by Navigator
Replied by Navigator on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Hi Gary,
Thanks for the reply, the assessment lasted one and a half hours? came out and still couldnt remeber most of what I had said.
What does worry me is I left the assessment centre at 13.30 or there abouts, as I got home and was just putting my key in the door, my mobile pinged and it was DWP, stating that they had just recived my written report of the PIP assessment, and would be in touch in around 8 weeks? This seems very fast to me, as less than 2 hours had passed?

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #292237 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Hi Navigator

Congratulations on getting through the assessment. Some assessors complete their reports during the assessment or immediately afterwards, so this is not the first time I have heard about such a quick turnaround. Remember you can ring the DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report (PA4). It should take 7 - 10 days to arrive. Don't let anyone tell you, that you have to wait for the decision letter - You don't!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Dellilah

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #292247 by Dellilah
Replied by Dellilah on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Well done on getting through the assessment, Navigator.

A question for Gary if I may: why would taking extra meds to calm yourself down count against you?

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #292253 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Hi Dellilah

It would count against you as you are not being yourself.

Some claimants take extra medication to help get them through the ordeal, when they receive their assessors report under observation it will usually state able to engage with the assessor by answering all the questions fully, was polite and had a friendly tone. no prompting required, no anxiety or OPD present, did not appear tearful, did not react emotional.

When infact the claimant cannot remember what was said at the assessment as they were drugged up to the eyeball to get through the ordeal.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Dellilah, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.