× Members

PIP Assessment F2F

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #292256 by Dellilah
Replied by Dellilah on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Yes that makes sense. You have to be just the right amount of angst ridden and stressed but not too much or too little. Horrible process.

I really hope your claim is successful, Navigator. Best of luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #292280 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Hi Navigator

I hope you get a good result. My son had a telephone assessment and I was with him on the line. The assessor said at the beginning that she was writing the report as we spoke. In fact, it was clear that she had written most of it before the assessment. Before the end of the phone call, which was only about 50 minutes or so, she said she had sent it off to the DWP.

Unsurprisingly, it was littered with inaccuracies and errors, so do make sure you ask for a copy!!

Good luck, and let us know how you get on
Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Dellilah

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292360 by Navigator
Replied by Navigator on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Hi All,
There are two more things I would like your opinion on if I may, I though at assessments they can tell you the outcome there and then once it is over?
Also I asked for it to be recorded and it was, using an app on the assessors mobile, but when It was over I asked for a copy of the recording, and she said I would have to request one, is this correct?
regards
Navigator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292362 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Hi Navigator,

You can usually request a copy of the report that tells you, after 48 hours I believe. I'm not overly sure on the recordings audio situation, as I've heard different things from different people, but I don't think there is a law to stop you recording it, providing you inform the other person - as for requesting - I'm pretty sure you're allowed to, but even after that, I think you find a lot of the stuff they say is incorrect.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Dellilah, Anji

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292429 by Navigator
Replied by Navigator on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Hi Chris,
Sorry I don't think I explained myself clearly, I asked for it to be recorded and it was using the Assessors mobile, but then I was not provided with a copy at the end of the assessment, or told how to get hold of a copy? I thought a copy is given to you at the end of the assessment? In the past I was given a copy of the tape after an ESA assessment, so it could not be tampered with in anyway, but now I don't have a copy of the digital recording, so they could do anything with it, even lose it?

Navigator.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292445 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Assessment F2F
Hi Navigator

You will need to ring the DWP and ask for a copy of the recording. I'm surprised that it was done on an app!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.