× Members

statement of reasons (SOR)

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292227 by WalesQ
statement of reasons (SOR) was created by WalesQ
I've been applying for PIP since November 2022 in October 2023 I asked for a statement of reasons (SOR). Been waiting and asking what is happening. Been told it's with the judge but they can't say how long. With my metal health being stressed with daily life this waiting has been so hard.

Then in June 2024 I was told the following...

"Your request is with the judge and you will hear from them in due course. However there has been an error on the part of HMCTS in referring your request swiftly and correctly. This has only come to light recently, and I am writing to make you aware of it.

When you sent in your SOR request, this was not properly referred, so the judge was not informed that a SOR was required.

Furthermore, when this request has been chased several times, we failed to notice this error had happened. You were incorrectly informed that the request was with the judge, when it wasn't.

This has been rectified and is now with the judge, but has caused an unnecessary delay for you. I am very sorry that this happened, especially at an already stressful time. I appreciate that during your appeal you rely on HMCTS to ensure the process runs smoothly, and in this case we failed to do this. Please be assured that this has been escalated to the appropriate level to ensure we can avoid such instances in the future. This has also been registered as a complaint."

Has anyone had this happen and can anything be down about it from my point of view?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292261 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic statement of reasons (SOR)
Hi WalesQ

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

It does happen, it happened to me last year, I had to twice chase, I did get the case setaside and relisted for a new hearing, in which we were successful.

By the sound of your post everything seems to be now on track.

You may want to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation or Law Centre, you can find your local Welfare Rights Organisation to help you with advice by clicking on the link below and putting in your post code, it will then come up with a MAP with a list of agencies in your area advicelocal.uk or lawcentres.org

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WalesQ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.