× Members

Universal Credit

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292230 by richmond
Universal Credit was created by richmond
Dear Team.

Would you know if it is normal practice for UC to over pay my rent so I will always be in front?
I am almost two months ahead now and UC are still paying more than they should, its about £80 per month over.

This is normal according to my housing association.

I checked back on the UC for to make sure I entered the correct amount of rent and service charge and I had.

You can understand I don't want to rock the boat with UC as forms and life is complicated enough.
Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292260 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Universal Credit
Hi richmond

It can be normal, when a new tenant moves into a property, the landlord will ask for rent in advance at sign up. Depending on your assessment period, when you sign for the property and notify UC straightaway, UC will contact your landlord to verify your rent and service charges, once verified you should get your Housing Element in your next assessment period.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: richmond

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.