× Members

Mandatory reconsideration

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292273 by Tj45
Mandatory reconsideration was created by Tj45
Hi everyone,
I have just received my new PIP award and was given standard mobility (10 points for moving around) 0 for planning/following a journey whilst it was being processed I was diagnosed with POTS my question is do you think I should possibly complete a mandatory reconsideration I never know if Im pushing it with these people. The stress or because of all of my conditions that I should be pushing for the higher rate. I received the letter yesterday.

Many thanks to everyone on here all the help and support is invaluable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292278 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Hi Tj45

If you're going to put in for an MR - you should get hold of your assessment report. If you had a telephone assessment - it's a PA4, and if you had a paper-based decision, it's a PA5 - though they're not always being completed. You want to see the report as it will give you a clearer picture of why you weren't awarded anything for planning/following a journey.

Did you tell them about the symptoms of POTS when you did the review, even if you hadn't had the formal diagnosis? And is is from your POTS symptoms that you hope to claim the planning and following a journey? Remember, it isn't your ability to walk that counts on this question, but if your POTS symptoms include fainting, etc, you should include it.

I can't tell you whether you should put in for an MR - that is a choice you will have to decide yourself. I would get hold of the report if one exists, which might help in making the decision.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Dellilah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.