× Members

Contribution esa

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292274 by Bernadette
Contribution esa was created by Bernadette
Hi ,

I’m wondering if anyone has any information regarding savings and ESA. I was placed on ESA. 6 years ago - I moved to the support group. I receive no income related benefits due to my partners earnings.

I was of the opinion that because it was contribution ESA - savings didn’t matter. However I read something else on another forum.

A family member wishes to gift me a large sum of money - will this affect my ESA payment .

Thank you for your help

B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 3 days ago #292303 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Contribution esa
Hi Bernadette

CB ESA is not means tested, and therefore savings are not taken into consideration. If you received a pension then this would be taken into consideration.

If you are worried about any information you receive then I would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk .

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Gary.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #292322 by Bernadette
Replied by Bernadette on topic Contribution esa
Thank you

B

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.