× Members

Benefit cap help

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292282 by TK
Benefit cap help was created by TK
Hello, I’m looking for some help regarding the benefit cap. This month, a friend of mine was affected by it and received a reduction in her Universal Credit. Her gross amount from her employer was just over the £793 cap limit. However, with a small contribution to her employer’s pension, this brought her under the £793 minimum needed for her to be exempt from the cap.

Can anyone advise on this? Because of this contribution to her pension, she has lost £711 this month. With children to feed, this is going to risk hardship for her.

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292327 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefit cap help
TK

I'm really sorry but this is not an issue that we can help you with on the forum, try and get local advice.

advicelocal.uk/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.