× Members

...question about PIP/ please dont judge

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292316 by Agis
I know it is a very weird question. And I propably know your answer to it.

Can I ask PIP to extend my award after its been decided its going to be for certain period of time?

I kind of know the answer but would it be possible in theory to ask them that. Just to mention I got my current enhanced rates through mandatory reconsideration.

Agis
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292332 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic ...question about PIP/ please dont judge
Hello Agis,
It is possible to challenge any element of the original decision via a Mandatory Reconsideration. That is generally the appoints awarded, but it can also be the length of the award. I assume that you did not include that in your Mandatory Reconsideration request? If you did, then technically you could appeal on the decision not to extend the period, but I can't imagine that is a route you would wish to go down. I think the lesson is one to bank ready for when you have your review, and at that point, if needed, ask for a longer award.
In the meantime - congratulations on your successful MR!
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wendy Woo

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #292354 by Agis
Replied by Agis on topic ...question about PIP/ please dont judge
Dear Catherine, can I still ask for it even though mandatory reconsideration has already happened?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.