× Members

tribunal format

More
2 weeks 6 hours ago #292430 by Jacks
tribunal format was created by Jacks
Hello, please can someone tell me what happens at the Tribunal. <y friend has waited 14 months and finally has her hearing next week. She is extremely anxious about what will happen,can anyone shed some light on the process please? Will they just go over her descriptors and the evidence she has supplied, or will it be a total new enquiry, I think thwe wait has impacted on her mental health, the whole process is so hard for people.. i can see why lots of people give up... thanks Jackie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #292450 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic tribunal format
Hi Jacks

Have a look at the Guide to PIP Appeals. There is a section on what happens at the Tribunal - there is different advice if it's an in person tribunal or one conducted via telephone/video. It also says the sort of thing that she will be asked. In an earlier section it talks about the papers - which she should have already received and gone through to see that everything is correct.

It will not be an entirely new enquiry. They are only looking at whether at the time of her assessment and the MR - the right decision was made or not.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.