× Members

Income support migration to UC

More
1 week 2 days ago #292440 by Sherlock63
Income support migration to UC was created by Sherlock63
Hi Everyone

So today the dreaded migration letter has arrived I currently receive income support as in receipt of Carers allowance for my husband who receives PIP standard daily and mobility currently under review (never rains but it pours eh!).

Can I ask will we immediately be required to look for work hubbie is 64 or not until he has his pip outcome (expecting the worst) or will he be exempt as its him I care for?

Also am I best applying sooner rather than later with the review still going through, sorry just confused and worried by it all.

Many Thanks for reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #292463 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Income support migration to UC
Hi Sherlock63

We cannot answer all your questions as we do not have enough information, such as does your husband receive ESA.

As you receive Carers Allowance you will not be expected to look for work, we would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration.

As to whether to apply sooner or later for UC, again it would depend on your circumstances and what benefits you both receive, some claimants will be better off claiming UC, others worse off.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 2 days ago #292465 by Sherlock63
Replied by Sherlock63 on topic Income support migration to UC
Thank you Gary no hubbie doesn't get esa we got income support from 2017 because of the daily pip allowance and carers allowance somehow the system doesn't recognise its my husband I'm caring for so at the moment it's looking like he's expected to do work search commitments I guess we will have to provide fit notes for the first time in a good few years

More
1 week 2 days ago #292469 by karen robson68
Replied by karen robson68 on topic Income support migration to UC
Please go to a welfare rights place like cab you don’t have to change to u credit if there has been no changes in circumstances please get help and don’t apply for this benefit until you have spoken to welfare rights

K robson

More
1 week 1 day ago #292487 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income support migration to UC
kr

Please see my reply to a similar comment you have made on another topic

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/10-dla-e...ced-migration#292485

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 1 day ago #292502 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Income support migration to UC
Hi Sherlock63

You might me pleasantly surprised when you migrate to UC, I would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation, as you may want to apply before you receive your letter.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.