× Members

PIP MR Rejected - Help

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292467 by Sam
PIP MR Rejected - Help was created by Sam
Hi all,

Absolutely fuming, I had a pip review for my mother. Due to long term physical and mental health conditions that had become worse, I was expecting her to be placed in higher rate for daily living and mobility.

They awarded lower rate for daily living and mobility. Which is totally wrong.

I requested a PA4 form straight away and dissected the assessors report and submitted the MR with precise detail for each descriptor. Bear in mind two of the descriptors the assessor agreed with me, however the decision maker did not. I explained this in the MR and told them to refer to the assessors report.

They disregarded key points in the assessors report and the detailed MR. They have all the evidence/scans/prescriptions.

Today I called and a smug case manager said it remains the same. I said how so? He said oh ok so what’s different then, we haven’t got any new evidence. I almost lost my temper on the phone with his smug attitude.

To be honest with you I gave detailed facts. Bear in mind my mother was only 1 point away from higher daily and 2 points for mobility. I grilled them so hard in the MR that they’re trying it on now and seem annoyed. But I’m not backing down from their bullying tactics.

Also in the decision maker statement before the MR: the DM states he agrees that she needs help bathing and dressing, but then decides to give 0 points. Contradicting himself.

Should I file an appeal straight away?
I am also going to complain to the DWP.

Any advice is appreciated

This is a joke!

Rant over, thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292495 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP MR Rejected - Help
Hi Sam

I'm sorry this has happened. It's annoying when the decision maker changes what the health professional advises. If you want to appeal - then yes, there is no need to wait especially as you have spoken to the case manager. You have to put in your appeal four weeks from the date on the decision letter.

Remember, in the appeal, you are challenging the points she has been awarded and pointing them to the evidence they have and what you think she should have been awarded. Keep to a minimum any comments that won't directly impact the points in question. You can comment on the contradictions in the report and what you perceived as bullying in your complaint.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.