× Members

Furious!

More
3 months 1 week ago #292641 by Bud
Furious! was created by Bud
After 2 assessments, they’ve still only given me 8 points. I’m trying to appeal online now but it’s taking me round in circles with email, change password …. Rang up DWP & talked to case manager who tried to tell me the rules have changed by law. I know that’s not true because the 1st assessor gave me points, points that I’ve always got. I’m so angry I could weep. Just need to talk to my people to let off steam. Thanks. I know I’m lucky to get any points, when others have lost their award.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292652 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Furious!
Hi Bud

I can feel your frustration 🤯 what stage are you at, when you say after 2 assessments, are we talking about mandatory reconsideration, if you are then the next stage is the appeal stage.

Have you requested a copy of the assessors report called a PA4, this will tell you how the decision maker has made their decision, you do need this report when appealing a decision.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, VIA

More
3 months 1 week ago #292655 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Furious!
Bud, I love that you call us 'my people'. I just think that sums up the B&W community so beautifully. We are each others' people indeed. Rant all you like, a problem shared is a problem halved my elders used to say.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, VIA, housemouse93, Wendy Woo, UB40 Rumrunner, LL26, Anji

More
3 months 1 week ago #292656 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Furious!
Hello Gary,

Thanks for that, it means such a lot.

After the 1st assessment I complained to Capita as the DA didn’t take my MH into consideration at all. Capita agreed with this, & I had another assessment. The 2nd assessment went much the same way, & I ended up with the same standard award.

I have both PA4’s from my 2 assessments. The 2nd PA4 just explained how you get points, & used S.T.A.R to explain.

The MR was done for the 1st assessment, & they used that for the 2nd assessment. Something’s not quite right there 🤔 So this time I was able to go straight to tribunal. Although I’m still getting Gateway 504 timed out message. I’ll have to ring them at 8am to log my appeal.

So do I submit the 2 PA4’s, or can I trust the DWP to do this? I was also going to send a brief letter on the 2nd PA4, along with the Capita letter on the 1st assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, UB40 Rumrunner, Anji

More
3 months 1 week ago #292661 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Furious!
Hi Bud

So sorry to hear your trauma. "Your people" do have your back here 😀

When I was writing the appeal for the tribunal for my son I kept getting the timed out message, however, if I clicked the back button, it had actually saved what I had written and although it timed out a few times, eventually I got to the next page. This happened a few times on several pages, which was frustrating, but I did get there in the end, and it hadn't lost what I had written.

Let us know how you get on, this is all soooooo frustrating and difficult.
Good luck and all the best
Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, denby, VIA, Wendy Woo

More
3 months 1 week ago #292662 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Furious!
Hi Bud,
I can also sympathise with your situation. I feel your anger! (And yes, feel free to vent!)
I assume that you are referring to a PIP claim? Am I also right in thinking this is a renewal (review) rather than 1st claim?
If it is a first claim then it is for you to prove you are sufficiently disabled. The rules are different on review. Now DWP have to prove. The standard of proof is always on balance of probabilities. If DWP change benefit (reduce or remove) this is called a Supersession. DWP will need to show an actual change of circumstances has occurred not just a different medical opinion. You mention about points you always got, which suggests you have had long term health issues. Focus on these - how can you show that your health hasn't improved? Increased medication, awaiting surgery etc decreases mobility all indicate worsening health. Taking the same strength pills etc all show continuing health problems at a similar level to before- again neither of these show improvement, so this is important evidence. Concentrate on things like this.
I'm a bit confused about how you are trying to appeal. The easiest way is to do this online- if you Google sscs1 online this will show the online SSCS1 form that you can fill out. It's easy enough to fill this out- mostly just name address etc. You don't have to fill out much in the grounds of appeal section. It is enough just to say I disagree with my award I should have received X instead. However you can write legal arguments if you wish. If you do, then it is easier to type/write on a separate page and upload as there is a weird formatting glitch that eradicates paragraphs and spacing on the online form at this point.
For your grounds of appeal I usually start by saying what is wrong with the current award/points. Mention this is a Supersession if this incorrect. Then a paragraph or two detailing health problems and treatment etc as an overview.
Next a paragraph or 2 about the failings the reports. Use bullet points 4 or5 - to explain the major criticisms. Give examples.
Then go through each descriptor- have in mind what points you shoukd have scored and explain this. The members guides will help here if you are unsure. State the points. Remember if 2 or more descriptors from the same set apply equally the highest value should be used. Say this as appropriate. (Regulation 7)
Remember to think about the 4 'reliability' criteria
Safety
Reasonable time
Repetition
Acceptable standard
All have to be fulfilled. - Reg.4(2A)
If you do the online appeal you will normally get a text notification within s few hours or sometimes immediately confirming the appeal is lodged.
After about a month you should get sent an appeal bundle this should include all decisions, claim or renewal form, assessments, and all other documents sent in. You shouldn't have to send in the PA4 as this should be in the bundle when it arrives - if not contact the tribunal and ask them to contact DWP did these to be included.
I hope this helps.
Good luck.
Let us know how you get on.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, Bud, VIA, Wendy Woo, Source44

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid