× Members

Thank you so very much

More
4 days 20 hours ago #292752 by Callista
Thank you so very much was created by Callista
I had a telephone assessment for ESA recently. The assessor phoned first and said he was running a little behind but would look through my form for Universal Credit and phone back. I panicked as it was a ESA assessment so by the time he phoned back I was in a terrible state. My husband said that we were under the impression that it was an ESA assessment not UC. The assessor apologised and said he has been doing UC all day.

The assessor seemed really nice and said that there was a lot of information on my form. He kept asking my husband questions as well as myself and when I got upset he allowed him to talk on my behalf. I was on the phone for about 45 minutes and all he seemed interested in was my fibromyalgia. I have other conditions as well. When my husband asked if he wanted to know about the other things, he said no.

It’s a terrible thing to say but I thought he was so nice, I was expecting to have to appeal and have been a wreck all the time. I have been having panic attacks and I have started scratching again 😢

I have been checking the post every day looking for the brown envelope. Yesterday the result of the assessment arrived a white envelope! I couldn’t bear to look and got hubby to do it and I have been placed in the support group again.

I couldn’t have done it without all the help I have got from here. Your advice helped me when it came to filling in the form and then again with the assessment.

Thank you so very much, from the bottom of my heart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 days 21 hours ago #292767 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Thank you so very much
Hi Callista

Congratulations on your successful ESA review. So glad you are still in the support group.

I'm glad that your nice assessor turned out to be truly nice! It's a good reminder that although many of them behave appallingly - there are some nice ones who do a professional job.

I'm glad we were able to help.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @ESA @REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.