× Members

PIP walking question.

More
3 months 4 days ago #292759 by patb67
PIP walking question. was created by patb67
Hi, I am new to the forum. Apologies in advance if I am posting in the wrong section.

I am completing a PIP review form. One question asks how far I can walk.

I wonder if anyone could tell me is this how far I can walk without stopping? or how far can you walk with multiple stops along the way?

Any help with this question is much appreciated. Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 days ago #292775 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP walking question.
Hi patb67

Welcome to the forum. This is exactly where you can post any questions you have.

Have you looked at the Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews? On pages 86-92 - is a thorough explanation of the walking issues, with some sample answers. Do have a look if you haven't. It covers an example of what to say regarding having to stop, but the answer you may give will vary depending on the length of stops. Tick the appropriate box - but make sure you give a detailed explanation and focus on the reliability issue. It is explained in the guide, and most people with walking difficulties cannot do it reliably or repeatedly.
benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Personally, if I had difficulties even standing and moving, I would tick less than 20 metres (2e)

Hope that helps. Come back if you have any further questions.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.