× Members

Record calls

More
3 months 3 days ago #292792 by Sidhu123
Record calls was created by Sidhu123
Can you when having a pip assessment over the phone record the call? Would you have to tell them beforehand and get permission before the assessment , or when you answer can you say u say am recording this call?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 days ago #292793 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Record calls
Hi S123

You can contact the assessment centre before your assessment and ask them to record the meeting. One of the issues you have which we have heard from members that the assessors recording instrument does not work on the day of the assessment, the pressure is put on you whether to carry on or wait for another appointment.

Updated DWP guidance advises that any requests for recording must be made in advance: PIP assessment guide part 1: the assessment process; www.gov.uk/government/publications/perso...e-assessment-process

see Audio recording of PIP consultations from gov.uk; www.gov.uk/government/publications/perso...of-pip-consultations

You can legally record a telephone call without informing the other party providing the recording is being made for your personal use. In fact, do not tell the assessor that they are being recorded surreptitiously as they will likely terminate the assessment (Never trust that there won't be a problem with their equipment!).

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sidhu123

More
3 months 1 day ago #292814 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic Record calls
I contacted them and asked for it to be recorded, but I left it a bit close to the appointment date and they said it was too late but that I was welcome to record it myself, so I did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sidhu123

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.