× Members

What to do after phone assessment?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293026 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic What to do after phone assessment?
Thanks all. Well I phoned and something odd happened. I went through the menu system and then got a computerised voice asking me to confirm various details which were DOB, postcode, and then how much PIP do you get. So I said - I don't know, I'm waiting for a decision. It then told me what my next monthly payment was and when it was due and said if you want to speak to an adviser press 1. Which I did. Then it asked me again if I wanted to speak to an adviser and if so press 1 so I did again. And it then said thank you for calling please hang up! So I didn't get to speak to someone about a PA4. But does this mean my claim has been accepted? If they're telling me a payment of x amount on x date will happen? The amount sounded too high for PIP - it was about £500. But maybe backdated?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293029 by Hazel
If that amount they quoted is correct then it sounds like maybe the standard rate for both mobility and daily living allowance maybe? So will still try and get the PA4. If that's the case, is it worth asking for a mandatory reconsideration for the higher rate of mobility?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293030 by Hazel
Ok I finally got through on the phone and asked for the PA4 and they said it would take 7 to 10 working days (in the post). They also said a decision letter had gone out to me so I'm guessing I've been awarded something (by the mention of payment on a certain date by automated system), but it sounds like it's not the higher level for mobility - and I need a mobility scooter (I hate being pushed in a wheelchair and it scares me not being in control of it - already had one mishap).

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293038 by Hazel
Update. Just got the decision letter in the post. I've been awarded enhanced rate for mobility and standard rate for daily living for four years. Which sounds about right. My GP is just about to do a letter to support my claim (two months after I asked for it as she was waiting for scans) so I guess I don't need that now. I'd have thought it would have been for longer than four years though.

Seems I don't need the PA4 after all. When I asked for it the man said - are you wanting to challenge the decision? I said I haven't had a decision yet so I don't know - he said - it's gone out in the post. Hope I haven't jinxed it!

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293046 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic What to do after phone assessment?
Hi Hazel

Congratulations on your award and the length, we hear on the forum that 3 years seems to be the norm, don't forget that they can sent you a review within a year of your end date.

You can now sit back and relax.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293061 by Hazel
Thanks Gary :-) Yes the letter does say they'll contact you after 3 years. So is a review a full assessment again or just a call to ask if anything's changed?

I'm still in shock. The decision was quite fast after the phone assessment - a week between them.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid