× Members

When will receive back payments for ESA?

More
3 months 13 hours ago #292842 by BGM
Hi , can someone help. I have standard PIP -both care & mobility and am receiving Universal Credit. I applied for ESA with first sick note on 21st January 2024. I have received an ESA payment this month on the 6th , with the universal credit.
The letter from Universal Credit dated 18th April 2024 said I am to be moved to LCWRA and will get a separate letter about back pay.
Will I get back pay and when does this normally happen please?
Finally, DWP have informed me that I now owe them £4000 from Child tax credits overpayments from 6 years ago. Will they take all the back pay for this?
Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 hours ago #292866 by BIS
Hi BGM

You have been told you will receive a separate letter about back pay. How soon that will be, I don't know.

It is impossible to say whether you will actually receive any money. We certainly had a member recently who reported losing all their back pay because of an overpayment, but I can't say whether that happens each time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BGM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.