× Members

Contacting DWP, help!!

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292904 by Anji
Contacting DWP, help!! was created by Anji
Good morning...

This morning the DWP rang my son about his appeal...he can't remember what they said as it was early. Although he did say that they were going to call me. About an hour later he said they couldn't get through to me.

I have tried calling DWP...first time a really snotty horrid lady wouldn't even talk to me as 'there is no appointee registered. I tried explaining I was his representative for the appeal, that they had told him only last week that I could call, that someone had tried calling me, and she kept cutting me off, telling me I was interrupting her, and then put the phone down.

Rang back...someone said I'll put you through to our appeals team...then I got cut off.

Rang back...someone said oh yes that is the appeals team, but I can't put you through. Gave me a number and it was the tribunal service.

Does anyone know how I can find out who was trying to call me? I'm beside myself at the moment with anxiety to know what they want to talk to me about.

Thans
Anj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292909 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Contacting DWP, help!!
Hi Anji

I'm sorry, but there is no other way of finding out who phoned other than what you have already tried. I assume they will either try again or put their answer in writing. I know your son isn't able to ring them and ask them to repeat what they said.

I think you told me that you are trying to become his representative. When that happens, make sure that you remove his phone number from the DWP records, or you may find that they continue to ring his number first.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Anji

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292916 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Contacting DWP, help!!
Thanks BIS, if you see my new post I did eventually get through, got a phone call that connected and....drum roll...a very successful outcome so after a very stressful day, things are looking up!!! 😄
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292918 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Contacting DWP, help!!
Hi Anji

I shall look for your other post - I am just working through the pile!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.