× Members

compensation do I have to report it to DWP

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293051 by LeeLawson
I am on non means tested benefits (contribution based ESA and PIP) and recently received cash compensation for some financial assets which were stolen from me 10 years ago. Do I have to report this compensation to the DWP? I dont know where else to turn. The local CAB is closed in my town and Ive found it impossible to reach CAB by phone. Many thanks Dylan Murphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293085 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic compensation do I have to report it to DWP
Hi Lee,

I don't believe so when it involves PIP, however for ESA, I'm not so sure, especially with them moving people to UC. If it moves your capital to over the £6,000, then I would suspect so.
I've approved your post, and hopefully someone can clarify indefinitely.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.